Saturday, August 13, 2011

If I was a Spy...

I dreamed I was a spy. I was sent to kill the CEO of a company because he was doing something bad...I'm not quite sure what it was, but I was sure it was really bad... Anyway, the CEO was having a fancy party that night in his mansion so it would be the perfect opportunity to kill him. I don't know why, but it just was. I stood waiting in the rafters of his mansion, because someone as wealthy as him couldn't afford to finish his ceiling, and when he was directly below me, I pulled out my gun and lunged toward the chandelier about to shoot when suddenly - I woke up.

Obviously it got me to thinking, 'I'm hungry.' After I ate some food, though, I thought, 'I wonder what my life would be like if I really was a spy?' So I made one of my ever infamous lists.

If I Was A Spy...



  • My name would be Dominique Francesca Lightningbug. I don't know why; it just would.

  • I'd dye my hair black because that's what Angelina Jolie taught spies do in Salt. It just makes sense.

  • I would wear waaaay cuter clothes than I wore in my dream. Black turtleneck? Not a chance.

  • I'd live in a penthouse apartment and make everyone believe the bestselling author Jessie Holmes lived there.

  • I'd buy a yellow Porsche because nothing says undercover like driving down the street in car that screams "LOOK AT ME!"

  • I would live a successful, but lonely life, and wonder if my life would have been better off if I had gone to college, majored in Journalism, and married a nice young man who would have supported my writing career and the fact that no matter how hard I try I'll never look good in the color orange, had kids and lived happily ever after. Then I'd eat a chocolate and realize no, probably not. My life as a spy is definitely the better of the two.

xoxo,
Jessie

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Sometimes I dedicate an entire twenty minutes to daydream about the spy life. Like you I eventually realize that it would be a life of loneliness but then I watch an episode of Alias and it suddenly seems so much cooler to be able to kick butt and live in deception. Although, I have a feeling I would slip up at some point because I would want somebody, anybody to realize how awesome I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand! You just want someone to know because how cool would it be to see his face of disbelief and then awe when you save his life? When I think about this is when I think it would almost be worth it.

    ReplyDelete