Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School

Summer is coming to a close and school is beginning again for the unlucky majority. It's the first time in 15 years that I haven't been getting ready for a new year of school. All around me students are preparing themselves for that unbearable teacher they have to have, the class they took for an easy A, and the inevitable first homework assignment. They can't just fool around anymore. No more staying up late just because they can, no more sleeping in until noon because their shift at work doesn't start until 12:15. Now they actually have to try and pass their classes. And that, my friends, is not at all fun.

Unless, of course, you're one of those strange and unusual specimens that actually likes school, heaven forbid. In which case, this post does not apply to you at all and you are free to close this window and spend your time studying instead of procrastinating. Go on - get back to work.

To the rest of you...continue procrastinating. It's worth it. To those of you starting school, my apologies. On the other hand...congratulations! You're one start of the year closer to being finished with school forever!

Since I am no longer in school (don't hate me, I went through it, too), I'm celebrating the start of school by watching my favorite back to school movies. Don't worry, I won't watch them all in one day. I could, because I don't go to school anymore (haha!), but I won't just out of respect for you.

5 Back to School Movies

Grease: In some states an entire school year is only two hours long. In others, it's two semesters long and the students only retain two hours worth of knowledge. 


Ferris Bueller's Day Off: Just repeating "Bueller...Bueller...Bueller..." makes you feel better about school. 


Legally Blonde: Sometimes I wonder if I should go to graduate school...then I watch this movie.


Never Been Kissed: You too can change your entire high school experience by having your brother come to your high school and make everyone believe you're popular.  


Sydney White: Girl goes to college and tries to liberate the dorks. It's like watching a train wreck. You want to look away, but you can't. 



If you're bummed that school is starting then watch a movie that'll make you smile...laugh...and maybe wet your pants. 

xoxo,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment