Wednesday, June 29, 2011

JABPJW

Raise an online hand if you've ever been confused by acronyms...jargon...emoticons. You got stuck on the online hand, didn't you? Trying to figure out how to do it? Can't figure it out? Think you're a failure because everyone else can raise an online hand except you? You are. Now that you're depressed because you've failed in your attempt to master online jargon and emoticons, such as RUMCYMHMD and ;-<> let me further BYB.

facebook emoticons 300x224 Show Your Feelings with Facebook Emoticons
http://pctechnotes.com
Emoticons were created just after the revelation of the cosmetic effect of Botox in 2002. Men and women injected with Botox found it difficult to show emotion when speaking. They would proceed to get out their cell phones and type what appeared to be sideways smiley faces :). Eventually the celebrities began doing it, creating their own different type faces, and calling them emoticons. Soon the emoticons escalated into such a fad they negated the use to show emotion at all! People began to say things like, "I heart you" named after the ever-so-popular <3.

After 365 long days, 2002 ended and 2003 began. Emoticons were no longer enough. People, United States Citizens, began *sob* using acronyms! "Lol" not only became popular, it became mandatory to use if you wanted to have a conversation via text. What does it mean? No one really knows! Laugh out loud? Laugh online? Love or licorice? So many possible meanings for three letters! People have gotten better after nearly ten years, though. They've narrowed down the possibilities of an acronym by adding more letters. I mean, if you get a text saying IWAPESICTASOUHN, everyone knows what that means. Seriously guys, ICMTSU.

KIDAC, :A .

xoxo,
Jessie

FFI (For Future Information)

19: Hand

RUMCYMHMD: Are You on Medication Cause You Must Have Missed a Dose

;-<> : Drooling

BYB: Burst Your Bubble

<3: Heart

IWAPESICTASOUHN: I want a Pink Elephant So I Can Take Showers Outside Under His Nose

ICMTSU: I Can't Make This Stuff Up

KIDAC: Okay, I Did On A Few

:A : Laughing Out Loud

xoxo: Hugs and Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment