Rude. Harsh. Abrasive. Cantankerous. Caustic. Sarcastic. Unpleasant. Callous. Hostile.
No matter how you spell it all these words mean the same thing: mean.
I've been told I am a mean person. Many things I say are construed as mean. May I just say that being honest should not automatically make you a mean person? Just because I say what I mean and mean what I say, doesn't mean that I am mean. (By the way, I just beat the World Record for the most times "mean" has been used in a sentence. I checked.)
Why should I lie to make someone else feel better? I'm not saying I go up to people and tell them they're fat and ugly - I would never do that. Yet if I tell a guy I'm just not interested, it automatically makes me mean. Is it better to go out with him on a "pity date" or as a "charity case" not expecting to have a good time and never planning on going out with him again? I don't think so. I think people deserve chances, yes, but I am the kind of person who knows what I want and knows what is going to get me there. I don't think that lying to someone to make him feel better and then just hurting him worse later on is good either. I, personally, would rather have someone be honest with me and hurt my feelings in the beginning than lead me to believe something false.
Personally, I think I'm delightful. I don't kick children. I have never purposefully hit a cat with my car (yet). I refrain from flipping people off during spouts of road rage. I don't even Saran wrap the toilet seat anymore!
Personally, I think I'm delightful. I don't kick children. I have never purposefully hit a cat with my car (yet). I refrain from flipping people off during spouts of road rage. I don't even Saran wrap the toilet seat anymore!
I just think some people judge too quickly when they see something as "mean." They generally don't understand the situation the "meanness" occurred. For instance, if you've ever seen me punch someone in the face, I probably was aiming for their stomach and simply miscalculated. You probably just assumed the worst.
If I have ever hurt someone with my honesty, I am truly sorry. It was not intended to hurt or harm anyone. I was trying to be honest, not mean.
If I have ever hurt someone with my honesty, I am truly sorry. It was not intended to hurt or harm anyone. I was trying to be honest, not mean.
Now, that I've got that off my chest, I think I'll go make someone cry. It's kind of liberating. You should try it sometime. ;)
xoxo,
Jessie
I didn't mean you were mean! Oops!
ReplyDelete